Life of Hopes


 

DISCLAIMER: This is not a work of friction but a real experience I had as a child. So as it is real and as I would not like to put any superficial detail to it, you may feel that it is boring or unnecessary…

Also, real names are not used in this piece.

Life of Hopes

It must have been the summer vacation of sometime earlier than 2015.  My mother and I thought of visiting my maternal grandmother, whom I would call Granny. One of my mother’s brother and sister were already there. It did not take as long for us to bond again as it takes nowadays. My uncle had two children, Alisha and Avez, and so did my aunt, whom I would like to call, Rahim and Rahel.

Most of our time would pass together on the second floor of the house. The second floor had two rooms, one for my other uncle and another was a guest room. Following the good old tradition, we seized the guest room.

In the guest room, we were hallowed with luxuries like a television, a huge bed, a small table with a few chairs, and a dressing table. The dressing table had around ten drawers embedded and would receive the honor to become our first treasury. The bottom left drawer had something too suspicious. FAKE HAIRS, I’m still not sure if they kept it there in thoughtlessness or just tried to play a prank with us. But I’m quite sure they are still there even if I have not visited the place for the last three years.

So every morning after getting up we knew where we had to land up at, ‘the Workplace’. Though the To-Do List of five children who were less than ten years wasn’t big enough, we knew how we had to pass the day without any boredom.

Playing games like a house (a game where all of us would predict that we are a nuclear family), pillow fight at the edge of the terrace (I would not suggest either the game or the location unless I’m insane), our good fates that none of us fell from there, but the pillow had to perish.

One of our excellent plans that summer was to host a party all by ourselves and without telling the elders. We spent hours making the tickets to distribute to the children of the neighbors. Alisha and I were made in charge of making the lemonade, where I was going to guide and show off my new skill of making lemonade.

The party was decided to take place in the ground behind the house which was too dirty to be cleaned, but our determination would not stop us from cleaning it. The ground had a tree in the middle which was planned to be decorated with a swing just like the one in the house.

We stuck some pamphlets that came with the newspapers and our ridiculous drawings to the backside wall of the house.

Fortunately or unfortunately we could not make the party happen and bid our goodbyes at the end of the vacation with tearful eyes.

To conclude, I miss life then and soon I’ll miss life now…

So let’s be happy about what we have now…

Comments

Popular Posts

Dirty New Dress

Thanks Dad