Avowal

 



Abbot Henry, today, I take you, as my lifelong companion,
as every day, asleep or awake, I dream of you 
all the same.
I found home, in your smile. 
I love you with a love that shall not die,
till the sun grows cold and the stars grow old. 
God only knew my heart needed you, 
in my weariest of times. 
I would not wish any companion, 
but you. 
I love you, not only for what you are, 
but for what I am when I am with you, 
I love you not only for what,
you have made of yourself, 
but for what you are making of me, 
I love you for the part of me, 
that you bring out.
Hand in hand, you and me,
Today, tomorrow and forever.
For if I am anything, 
I am yours. 

I swallow a lump forming in my throat,
as I look up at him, he smiles his ever-so-charming smile 
The smile I have seen since I was so young, fragile, and childish.
It's the smile I have grown to love now, ever-so-secretly I cherish it every day. 

He seems lost for a few seconds, but then he begins.
 

I, Abbot Henry, take you, Francine Alexander,
to be my mate, my lover, 
and the mother of my children.
I will love you, 
as long as the sun burns in the sky,
As long as the moon shines its light, 
into the dark night,
Until the raging blue oceans become
calm and dry.
I will love you until the end of time. 
My heart is so full of you, 
I can hardly call it mine anymore. 
Always remember, my dear,
my heart holds you, 
when my arms cannot.
You are, my waking thought, my sweet dream,
and everything in between. 
My darling, you will never be unloved by me, 
as you are too well tangled into my soul. 
On my silent days, I'll miss you,
A little louder.
I'd pick your thunder, I'd pick your rain;
over anyone's sunshine, any day.
At the end of the day, 
I want it to be,
you and me. 
I want your early mornings
and your late nights.
I want you, on your good days,
even more on your bad.
When death takes my hand,
I will hold you with the other,
and promise to find you, 
in every lifetime. 
Tears escape my eyes, like a waterfall, 
Concern grows in his,
He gives me another reassuring smile and steps forward. 

Taking my hand in his, 
he places a beautiful crystal on my finger. 

I take his hand and place a ring on his finger too,
while my tears fall on the back of his hand. 

He clutches my hands in his and steps closer
to plant a soft peck on my forehead. 

A loud applause erupts from the audience, and everybody goes crazy. We turn towards them, and the whole cast of  Avowal comes on the stage, which is a play we had been doing all this time. We all bow simultaneously, as the curtains close. 

After the curtains have closed, he leaves my hand, and leaves the stage and so does everybody.
"I love you too", I mutter under my breath. 



Thank you so much, you guys...



Comments

Post a Comment

I wanted to express my gratitude to everyone supporting me on my journey. Your kind words and encouragement mean more than you know! If anyone has any feedback or ideas for future posts, I would love to hear them in the comments below.

Popular Posts

Dirty New Dress

Short and Simple (Fake Friends)