The Kite Runner - (review)

It's "The Kite Runner's " review!!!!
So this book is the first book of Khaled Hossein, a writer from San Francisco and famous for his second book "A Thousand Splendid Suns" 
Well, if you have read about me in my profile you would know it's one of my favourites. 
                          "For you, a thousand times over" 
This book starts with the main character Amir narrating the story of his life. And chapter 2 onwards he tells about his childhood in Afghanistan with his friend Hassan, his father, Ali Hassan's father and Rahim Khan his father's friend. Hassan was a Hazara, a lower caste in Afghanistan and Amir was a Pashtun a higher one. 
                 "I Hope you discover many tales on these keys"
In the year 1975, something happened that laid the base of the whole story, of regret, of hope, of redemption, of reunion...
If I tell you what happened in the year 1975, it would be a major spoiler so better I keep my fingers in control.
Next in March 1981 Amir and his father had to leave for America because of the rule of the Soviets in Afghanistan.
In America, Amir did his graduation, fell in love, lost people, lost love, gained people, gained love...
                               "There is a way to be good again"
In the year 2001, Rahim Khan called Amir to Pakistan and told him that all his life had been a lie and also told him the truth and the way to be good again...
 
Amir then left for Afghanistan under Taliban rule to save Shorab, the son of Hassan and his too.
                    "I ran with the wind blowing in my face,
                     a smile as wide as the Valley of Panjsher
                                          on my lips."
                                             "I Ran"

Comments

Popular Posts

Dirty New Dress

Short and Simple (Fake Friends)